I hope you have all had a lovely relaxing Sunday. It is now only 2 weeks until Mother’s day, so I thought it was perfect timing to offer some gift ideas and inspiration. Chocolates, wine and flowers are all lovely ideas but here a few alternative options that I have put together. I have compiled a selection of nine different gifts so that there is something for everyone, no matter the size of your budget, starting with the most affordable and finishing with the pricier items. Let’s get started!
On a budget? More affordable options (Up to £20)
These first few are great ideas for students at university or still at school, or for those mums who insist that you “don’t spend a lot!”.
- Apsley Tealight Holder – The White Company – £6. A lovely gift idea could be two of these with some lovely scented tea lights.
- Baylis & Harding’s new ‘La Maison’ Linen, Rose & Cotton Indulgent Bathing Set. Contains: 250ml Body Cleanser, 250ml Bath & Shower Crème, 30ml Hand Cream and 60g Candle and all presented in a stylish gift box. £15 in Debenhams. Cheaper than a spa day but still a luxury pamper session!
- Yankee Candle ‘Cherry Blossom’ in Large. Up to 150 hours of fragrance. Other scents and sizes also available! Reduced to £17 at Very.co.uk.
If you can stretch a little bit… (£20-£50)
For just a little more money, you can choose from a much wider range of luxurious products for a wonderful mum! These next few ideas are perfect for people with a part-time job or have a bit more wiggle room in their budgets.
- The White Company – Grey 100% cashmere bed socks. Also available in blush, nude and ice blue. £35.
- Figleaves – Blush Satin pyjama set. Lovely black contrast trim. £45.
- Rose Gold Plated Double Strand Cubic Zirconia Bracelet – Ernest Jones. Reduced to £50 from £100. Very on-trend for a glamorous mum!
Splash the cash! (£50+)
Finally, here are some gift ideas for those who can afford to buy REALLY generous presents!
- Nutribullet 600-watt Superfood Nutrition Extractor – Graphite. Ideal for the fit-mum who is still committed to her New Years resolutions! £69.99 from Very.co.uk.
- Ted Baker Dawnn small blossom tote bag. Perfect for the glam, sophisticated mum! £140 from House of Fraser.
These are my top Mother’s day gift ideas for 2017! It is important to remember that even if you can’t afford to splash out on any of these, just spending quality time together, making her a cup of tea or making breakfast in bed is sure to make her feel extra special. It’s not about what you can afford; it’s about the effort and thought that you put into it.
I hope you liked these ideas! Have a wonderful day 🙂